Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Uncle/Grandpa Jim

There are so many events in life that warrant special attention and are considered "rites of passage." Last night, Reid was fortunate enough to get his first haircut. That he got his haircut is not the special part (even though he lost his baby curls). The special part is that Reid was able to get his first haircut from Uncle Jim, the best barber around. It may seem like a small thing, but to this sentimental guy (who hides it), it is a special moment. Carter Marie has also decided that Uncle Jim is her grandpa, since she has none living. Watching her hold his hand made me feel so good inside and I am happy that I was there to share that moment.

Kim and I are very blessed to have such a wonderful extended family that we get to see on a semi-regular basis. I always look forward to our family reunions because we get to travel to a new place and learn, but more importantly, because we get to spend time with such thoughtful, loving people. 

I am already excited about 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now you've made me tear up! Dad loves being the surrogate grandpa. Looking forward to 14 as well!

    ReplyDelete